Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baby Poulsen #2!


So we are approaching 6 months with “new baby” as we like to call him or her. The pregnancy seems to be moving along fairly quickly and definitely smoothly so far. I would explain the stages of emotions thus far as:

      ·         1st shock (you’d think we would have figured out how this happens by now)

·         2nd pure excitement and wonder about how we have made another child that we know we will love just as much as our Judah

·         3rd panic on how exactly we will pay for this awesome little human being

·         Finally, anticipation for February to hurry up and get here!

 

While I am really excited to meet the newest Poulsen, we have a lot to do to get ready. Therefore, I would contribute the majority of number four to the fact that I can’t breathe for much of the day. Lack of oxygen. I’m talking suffocation. I’m not sure if this little one is using my diaphragm as a pillow or what, but I literally feel like I can’t breathe, and walk around huffing like I just finished a marathon. This would also be the culprit to my feeling that I am not one of those ladies who loooooooves being pregnant. More power to them, and if I was going to have more, I just might consider employing one of them as a surrogate. I am not a fan of the lack of oxygen, having to sleep on my side all of the time, the continued shrinkage problem in my wardrobe, the monthly/bi-weekly and finally weekly weigh-ins, having to pee in a cup on the same schedule as the weigh-ins even though it gets harder and harder to even see the cup… and I could go on. I am scared to read the blogs post week 20 from my pregnancy with Judah because I am hoping I have forgotten the majority of those woes and may just manage to escape a few.

Now that I got all of that off my chest, I’ll now go on to the silver lining. We are having a baby!!! Another cute little grunty being that is super warm on your chest and who possesses instant-nap-inducing abilities. We are hugely excited about our decision to let this one be a surprise. How often are you able to have a surprise that huge and life changing?! We have recently painted the guestroom/ soon-to-be-nursery a light brown. Not wanting to re-paint, we figured we would make the best of it and have found an awesome gender-neutral color scheme. Based mainly on the heart rate from the first doctor’s appointment (172), I was convinced it was a girl. My skin and hair have reacted differently than last time, I’m carrying this baby higher, etc. All signs point to girl. Then the 2nd appointment heart rate was 164. The 3rd, 155. Now we are in boy or girl territory. Between that and our ultrasound tech’s certainty of the sex, I’m thinking boy. Gut feeling has officially switched to blue. Of course JP thinks he has the start to a football team, so he is certain it is a boy. (Let me emphasize the word “start” in the last sentence.) Either way, the baby will wear white onesies for the first month of its life anyways, so we are covered!

While our plan may have been different with this baby being about 2 years early, I am very excited to know that these siblings will be 2.5 years apart. I think it’s perfect. Here’s hoping to a close relationship, shared interest in toys and hand-me-downs!

All in all, I love Judah more every day than the last, even though I know without a doubt that I couldn’t possibly love him any more than I do that day.  To know that we have made another human being that I will feel the same about makes me feel like the luckiest person on this earth. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful and loving boy, and something special on the way.
 
Blessed is the only word that comes to mind.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetness is the next one.....love every single moment, even the exasperating, crying, sleepless ones because you'll hold each one in your heart, and then come back to them with joy later. Can't wait to meet this little bugger and let our hearts be stolen again, just like Judah did :)

    ReplyDelete