Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A watched pot never boils.........

The days are literally flying by but it still seems so far away that baby boy will be joining us. I feel like I blinked and missed the past couple months. Everyday I see this swollen belly and cannot fathom something living in there. Not only is it something but its a human. Sometimes it weirds me out. Katie constantly places my hand on her belly to try to feel the love taps he frequently gives her throughout the day. I must say it is surreal to feel him moving around. We are so curious as to what is going on in there that we opted to buy a personal doppler. I was skeptical how this $20 piece of plastic was going to allow us to hear our baby. I have blown $20 on more pointless things so it was worth the risk. While I was excited to use it, I was not nearly as excited as Katie. She sent me out to the gas station at 1030 at night to get batteries to try it out. By the time I returned she had already destroyed the packaging and had the headphones on ready for me to put in the batteries. So I put the batteries in and needless to say, I was not too impressed. It picked up on each little movement of your hand as you swiped it across her belly. There was no clear distinction between us touching the doppler and the sound of a baby inside. While I feel like it is just what you would expect from a $20 fisher price item, Katie keeps it on the nightstand hoping it will work better as the baby grows. Speaking of size,the book states the baby is as long as my forearm. He must really be cramped in there. As we enter the 3rd trimester, the pressure seems to be mounting. There are a million things that we still need, a million things we need to do to prepare. Katie's family threw her a baby shower and we received a lot of exciting and cute things. Our baby room has gotten cluttered with all kinds of clothes and toys. I dont think I have seen so many diapers before, however I've been told I cannot have too many diapers. In 2 weeks, we get to see our baby's first picture, or 3rd I guess but first of him while he is big. We are scheduled to do the 3-D ultrasound and I have to say that from what I have seen of them, I'm excited. The detail of the baby is unreal and so life-like. We also are supposed to start pregnancy classes or something like that soon. I'm not real sure how I feel about that yet. The whole birthing procedure kinda has me worried. I can handle a lot of blood and gore on tv or in pics but I'm not sure I'm ready for that in person. Hopefully the class will prepare me for that as well as how to handle having a new baby. Everyone has tips on what and what not to do with a new baby. I am soaking it all in like a sponge but I have a feeling when he arrives I'm just going to freeze up do what my instinct says. We have made some progress on the hunt for a name but it will remain a secret until the big day. We have to eye him over to make sure it fits before we announce it. While the baby is the most exciting news in our life right now and has been since we found out, we are making some pretty big strides in life too. The baby really got us motivated and I'm thankful for that. We are quickly working our way towards financial freedom as well as hunting for a permanent dwelling we want to call home. House hunting is exciting and scary at the same time but we welcome the challenge. We have been watching plenty of HGTV to have a keen eye and know what to look for when buying. We are no experts by any means but we are both smart enough to not get into something that does not fit our needs or overextend our budget. Also on the homefront, Willis is continually getting bigger. I'd say he is a rowdy teenager now. He tests his limits daily and we have to squash his behavior before he gets out of hand often. He shows his intelligence everyday and it scares me what he knows at such a young age. There are no more housetraining accidents and he loves his crate when he is put to bed or put away while we go to work. He is scheduled to be neutered (OH NO!!!!!!) this week and I know he and I both will be sad by that. Dogs are overbreed these days and I do not want to have to deal with that if it happened. So, less than 3 months until the little one is here. I'll try to update more often than I have been but I dont see our life slowing down anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Follow your instincts, you won't freeze, it will seem natural (I think)! :) You'll both be ready when the time comes and do just fine:) And PS it's not THAT bloody or gory...lol.

    ReplyDelete